T B CUNHA INFORMATION CENTER
MES College Library established in 1971 is named after Dr.Tristao Braganza De Cunha, a renowned freedom fighter from Goa. The library is housed in a spacious separate building with a total carpet area of 607.6 Sqmts.The library has a rare collection of books in French, Portuguese and English which havehistorical importance.These were donated by the relatives of the great freedom fighter Dr T B Cunha after whom this Library has been named .This library is automated using New Gen libLibraryManagementSoftware (Helium version 3.1.1 ) devised by VerusSolutions Hyderabad.The Library Building is covered with CCTV cameras located at vantage points in and around the Library.
Layout and sections of the library
- Stack Room
- Reading Room
- Periodicals Section
- Reference section
- Students project/discussion room
- Circulation section
- Research centre with computers and internet facility
- Library store Room
- Librarians Office
- Wash Rooms
- Exhibition Area
LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Prof Ashish Joshi Chairman
Prof Shivani Shirodkar Member
Librarian Sudhir B Halvegar Member
Laxada Bhobe Students representative
Arvind Sharma Students representative
LIBRARY AT A GLANCE
- Total no of Books:40195
- Total no of journals & Magazines: 81
- Bound Volumes of Journals: 780
- Total no of Maps: 22
- CD ROMs: 570
- Project Reports: 1228
- Newspaper Local and National: 19
- Previous years Question papers
- Syllabus files
- News paper clipping files
- Institutional Repositories.
- E-Resources: Library is member of UGC Inflibnet NList program .(E-Books & E-Journals )
INSTITUTION MEMEMBERSHIP AND COLLABORATION
- College library is member of UGC Inflibnet NLIST for E-Resources
- National Digital Library of India
(user access through user id and password)
- St.Xavier’s College Arts, Commerce and Science Mapusa
- Smt Parvatibai Chowgule Cultural Foundation’s College of Arts & Science Margao
BOOK BANK FACILITY
Book bank facility is provided to the following category of students.
- Financially weak (needy students): The needy students must submit a photocopy of income certificate and statement of marks of last exam passed .
- .Meritorious students having 70% and above should submit photocopy of statement of marks of the last exam passed .
- Remedial coaching Book Bank : Book bank facility is given to minority and reservation students
- BBA , BBA (shipping and logistics ) , BCA, M.A & MCOM have a departmental Library and separate Book bank Facility for all student of the department.
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
WORKING HOURS:Monday to Saturday 8.00 am to 4.00 pm
- The Library is open to all the bonafide students of the college.
- Students without identity card will not be allowed in the library.
- Keep the mobile phones in the silent mode.
- Gaming gadgets and watching movies is not allowed in the Library.
- Please cooperate with the library staff to serve you better.
- Books will be issued from 8.30 am onwards to 4.00 pm against the library card
- Students are allowed to borrow a maximum of two books for a period of one week.
- Students are not allowed to borrow books on behalf of others or transfer borrowed material to other students.
- The following material will be issued against the identity card for reference in the library only: Reference books like handbooks,Dictionaries, Encyclopaedias &project reports,Newspapers, Questionpapers, Journals and Magazines.
- Students who fail to return the book on the due date will have to pay overdue charges of Rs2/-per day inclusive of all holidays and Sundays.
DAMAGE/ LOSS OF LIBRARY MATERIAL
- Once book is issued to the student ,he/she will be held solely responsible for any damage ,spoilage or mutilation of the book detected subsequently students will be charged for repair or replacement of books and other library material to which they have caused damage.
- Lost books must be reported to the librarian immediately and replaced or paid for within 30 days.
- Lost library books that are recovered must be handed to the librarian as they remain the property of the college library
- LIBRARY ORIENTATION: Library orientation is given to first year students of the college in the beginning of the academic year to familiarise the students with the library collection,Services, Library staff, rules and regulations. In additions we also meet the students individually. New faculty and students visiting the library are oriented to make best use of the Library Collection.
- CIRCULATION/LENDING SECTION: The students are allowed to borrow a maximum of two for a period of one week. Library follows an open access system wherein students can go to the stacks and select the books required by him /her.
- REFERENCE SERVICE: The College Library has a rich collection of Reference books .In addition separate Periodical section is maintained .Selective dissemination of information and current awareness service is provide to the users as and when requested.
- BOOK BANK FACILITY: College Library provides book bank facility for the needy and meritorious students. Set of books are given to the students to be used and returned after the semester.
- NEW ARRIVALS DISPLAY: The Library displays the newly added books to the library on the new arrivals display rack to bring to the notice of the users about the new additions.
- RESEARCH CENTER: The centre is equipped with computers, Server, internet facility and WIFI facility in the students reading hall. The library has also subscribed to the UGC INFLIBNET NLIST PROGRAMME to access to the E-books and E-journals. The faculty and students can access these E-Resources by registering their details in the library.
- Newspaper clippings: The library maintains newspaper clippings on about 15 different subject topics and in addition keeps newspaper clippings of the various college activities and achievements.
- Reprographic/Xeroxing Facility: Reprographic facilities are available adjacent to the Library building at highly subsidised rates.
- Readers club: The readers club is an initiative to help and inculcate the habit of reading among students especially on famous literary works. Each member is issued an additional library card in order to borrow literary works like fiction autobiographies, poetry and drama.
LIBRARY EXTENSION SERVICE
COMMUNITY READERS CLUB: The MES College Library intends to provide numerous library services to Ex-students and general public of Zuarinagar .
- Members can borrow two books at time and one Magazine.
- Access to Library wide collection of books in English , Marathi, Hindi and Konkani Literature.
- Access to Number of popular Magazines and Diwali Ank.
- Access to special collection on Goa,History, Biographies, Religion&Philosophy.
- Use the Reference section for Reference Purpose.
- Access to CD &DVD Collection.
- Many more activities held throughout the year.
(For more details contact the Library/Librarian for membership rules . Mobile no:9422576327)
ACTIVITES AND CELEBRATIONS
- Librarian day Celebration and Readers club Inauguration.
- Death Anniversary of Dr. T.B. Cunha
- Saraswati Puja
- Display of books.
- Shivjayanti Celebration
- Readers Club (Literary Quiz, Book review …….)