INTERNAL COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE (ICC)
Objectives, Roles and Responsibilities of College Internal Complaints Committee
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment, by promoting gender amity among students and employees;
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment; The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 came into being after it was passed in the Parliament of India.
It should be noted that according to the Supreme Court guideline Sexual harassment can be defined as “unwelcome” sexually determined behaviour (whether directly or by implication) as:
- Physical contact and advances;
- Demand or request for sexual favours;
- Sexually coloured remarks;
- Showing pornography; and
- Other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature. (Vishaka judgment by Supreme Court)
The following is also sexual harassment and is covered by the Committee:
- Unsavory remarks,
- Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment,
- Innuendos and taunts,
- Gender based insults or sexist remarks,
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and the like,
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like,
- Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings,
- Forcible physical touch or molestation and
- Physical confinement against one’s will and any other act likely to violate one’s privacy.
The Committee shall meet as often as may be needed and appropriate.
Members of Internal Complaints Committee
|Sl. No.||Name of the Faculty||Designation & Department||Role||Mobile Number|
|1.||Dr. Meenakshi Bawa||Associate Professor, Dept. of Economics||Chairmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2.||Ms. Safal Suresh Narvekar||Assistant Professor, Dept. of Commerce||Memberemail@example.com|
|3.||Ms. Juliana Lohar||NGO||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4.||Adv. Ms. Audrey Vales||Advocate||Memberemail@example.com|
|5||Ms. Gauri Dessai||Coordinator BCA||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Complaint registration: Register your complaints related to Sexual Harassment with any member of the College Internal Complaints Committee (Mobile numbers and email provided).